Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control
(02-22-2021, 04:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: A small fraction of overall gun-related crime, the majority of all school shootings that occur in the entire world. I am focused on it because it is a small segment we can work to fix with a direct link to a specific place where guns are obtained. Again, we KNOW where the guns come from school shootings, so we know exactly how to stop or greatly reduce their occurrence. Saying it's punitive to punish people and only save a couple of hundred kids from getting killed is where our thoughts differ.

You can work to fix it, by addressing the cause of it.  Make mental health counseling more available.  Identify at risk youth in elementary school, when some significant work can be done to change behavior.  If any of that had been done, among myriad other areas of inaction, then the Parkland shooting would never have occurred.  All without throwing mom and dad in prison with your new laws.

(02-22-2021, 05:04 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yep, disarming communities that have been disproportionately given the shaft by not only the government but by others outside their communities sure will benefit them.

Indeed.  I've referenced her before, but one of my former officers is a very militant black woman.  We used to discuss all the time how gun control laws target ethnic minorities.  As you have correctly pointed out in the past, most measures, such as taxes, fees and mandatory classes severely impact on the ability of a poor person to purchase a firearm, all the while proving no obstacle at all for middle class and wealthier people.  Oddly enough proponents of such things, such as the person you responded to, are also quick to attack law enforcement.  Yet for some reason those are the only people they simultaneously trust with firearms.  An odd contradiction to say the least.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-22-2021, 05:16 PM