Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control
(02-23-2021, 09:33 AM)Au165 Wrote: Ehh, I mean you have to work on the assumption that any such resistance wouldn't be needed unless they had the majority of the forces on the government side. If the Government didn't have most of the forces it wouldn't be in a position to make any such moves that would require resistance. Even still, if the numbers were depleted as such you'd have a tyrannical government in desperation mode and the level of weapons available (the most sophisticated in the world) to deploy would become more lethal. Hell, even high altitude EMP's could cripple the country in a day making resistance communication and movement nearly impossible. 

Just saying, it is more fantasy than practicality. 

Eh, I always approach it from a more leftist angle, anyway. Disarming the proletariat leaves them more susceptible to oppression by the bourgeoise. With ancestors involved in the Coal Wars, I have a healthy dose of distrust when it comes to the wealthy elite and see them as more of a threat than our government, anyway. Being a bureaucrat I have a lot of faith in my fellow oath-takers working to uphold the constitution but I have zero faith in the intentions of the ruling class.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control - Belsnickel - 02-23-2021, 09:48 AM