Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control
(02-23-2021, 08:15 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: A militia is typically an ad-hoc organization made up of the citizenry.

Also, Heller established the individual right to own firearms, and we aren't going to see that precedent overturned any time in the near future.

Because it is seen as a slippery slope. There is a large proportion of firearm owners, Fudds included, that see civilian ownership of firearms as a protective barrier against a tyrannical government. The government knowing who has what firearms is a threat to that barrier. They don't trust the government with that information, and I don't disagree with them on that point. An armed populous is a bulwark, and it's something that both the right and left agree on (I'm talking actual leftists, not the centrists that are the Democratic party).

AS another aside I was listening to some stuff about the mob on 1/6 and I got to thinking that they finally got their chance to "overthrow" the government that they didn't believe was legitimate (thanks to Trump's lying) and after a hour or so they gave up and left.

So much for that theory.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control - GMDino - 02-23-2021, 10:42 AM