Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Soy Boy, Deep State, China Paid, Antifa Libz...
(02-21-2021, 06:08 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I honestly have mixed feelings on it all. Not having any student debt, myself, means I have been very fortunate. However, I have also seen the debt accumulated by students for education as someone that used to literally do the accounting for the student loan revenues at a university. I am the one who got the money, put the money in the bank, applied it to the students' accounts, gave them the extra for their living expenses (if applicable), and directed the funds paying charges to the university to the proper ledger accounts. I've seen the millions coming in and going out, so my perspective is a little different than most.

I say all this because even though I am not fully committed one way or the other, I disagree with your point. The reason is because for decades, now, the government has been selling young people a false narrative. The idea that going to college is necessary for a good job and that when you get out there will be some well paying employment waiting for you to pay off your student loans is foundational to the current student debt crisis. The federal government had a huge hand in this. Were it not for that, I'd be completely on your side with this. I have other debts that are completely from my own stupidity (well, I could argue that a bit), but I really do think that our government holds a good chunk of blame for how much student debt is hanging out there and the struggles of young people to pay it off.

I hear ya...I mean, I'll pay my student loans off because I don't care and when I'm dust they're dust with me so nuts to it all.  With that being said, I work a defense-related job that requires a decent level of security clearance and a BA and I make less than $15 an hour.  I'd make double what I make if I had a job that involved talking teens into going into massive debt to get degrees, that's for sure!

Now that everyone is too smart to get a job that requires a college degree the financial predators are going to swoop in and take advantage of the next obvious career path.  No one should go to college now, they should all go to trade school and spend 6 months studying to get a 6 figure job...that won't last though.  The people who got rich putting degree seekers in debt aren't just going to sit by and watch people make a killing by going to trade school.

Predatory lending will never die, it'll just change forms. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey Soy Boy, Deep State, China Paid, Antifa Libz... - Nately120 - 02-23-2021, 01:35 PM