Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control
(02-23-2021, 02:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When they are having to build walls around the White House and governors mansions I would say that IS the "actual issue at hand".  

For years the Department of Homeland security has been saying that domestic terrorism is a bigger threat than foreign terrorists.  Now that everyone is seeing it on the news people will start paying more attention.

I still see the problem as criminals having easy access to guns.  But people that lived in low crime neighborhoods generally did not worry too much about that.  Now that more of these criminals are middle class white guys threatening our elected officials instead of minority gang members killing each other public opinion is likely to shift.

I was speaking more to the problem being, as you mentioned, domestic terrorism being ignored, but also what caused the radicalization? Why are these people feeling so aggrieved? How are they so susceptible to these lies? How are these lies so easily spread?

Some of the insurrectionists may have been armed, but gun control wouldn't have prevented any of what happened on January 6th, including the pipe bombs.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control - Belsnickel - 02-23-2021, 02:26 PM