Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Didn't We Give Hill The Ball At The 5??
(11-03-2015, 12:42 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Time was not a factor at all in that situation.  

I won't argue this as I do agree that we should have tried to run it.  However, I am merely giving a reason to not run in this situation.  Whether you agree with the reason or not, it is still a viable one for not running the ball in this situation.

If we ran the ball and didn't make it on all 3 attempts then kick the FG, we would have somewhere of 5 minutes left in the game and be down by one point. 

Now we don't know if the INT would have happened, we are glad it did, but we had no way of knowing that we were going to pick off Ben 2 more times at this particular time in the game.

A team like Pittsburgh can kill the clock and maybe even go down and score a TD with only 5 minutes left.  Hell I was expecting them to do just that after the Dalton INT.  They may not have been able to kill the game, but they could have killed a lot of clock and scored.  If they scored then we would have needed as much time as possible to march down the field to have a shot at tying it or winning it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Didn't We Give Hill The Ball At The 5?? - Sovereign Nation - 11-03-2015, 03:50 PM