Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Should he Bengals make Samaje Perine the RB2?
(02-28-2021, 05:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He showed some positive ability toward the end of a dismal season.  PFF gave him an overall rating of 76.7, with an impressive 81.5 run grade.  I honestly didn't pay much attention to his blitz pickups or standard pickups in pass sets, so any input would be appreciated.  What did jump out at me was his rushing and receiving performance versus the Texans.  Obviously, Perine didn't work out in Washington, due to injuries and other backs were able to take advantage of the opportunity to step up, and it didn't work out for him with the Dolphins.

There has been plenty of suggestion of moving on from Gio Bernard, for cap savings reasons.  With that in mind, what about Perine?

Definitely a great question cause it could happen. Samaji played very well, he is a very good tough runner and when I did 
see him have to pick up the blitz he did well. I will have to go back and watch the last part of the season to know for sure
but I really like Perine as a back up to Mixon if we move on from Gio to save some cap.

Seems to be a good guy too. Team player. Also like the beard. Smirk
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should he Bengals make Samaje Perine the RB2? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-28-2021, 05:38 PM