Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CPAC stage design - Fascists gonna Fascist
(03-01-2021, 10:57 AM)hollodero Wrote: Oh, that rise I can absolutely believe. I don't know the numbers, but that would make a lot of sense.

Well, I am not asking of you to take anything from an Austrian, but I will add this. It's absolutely true that being blind to Nazism can become a form of support of Nazism, and I experienced that in my country for sure. We have Nazis and people who aid them by denying the issue. What I also experienced though is that being overly alert to everything that could be construed as Nazism also helps Nazism. It creates examples of exaggeration people can point to to call every legit warning an exaggeration in the same light. That is why I am advocating caution, for seeing Nazi symbols everywhere can lead to a reaction similar to the classical "the boy who cried wolf" scenario.

There are demonstrably awful things happening at CPAC, things that do not need any interpretation and no lesson in the symbols of a fringe group. I find it wiser to focus on that instead of fueling speculations that reasanably can be seen as unreasonable. For sure I do not know 100% that this was incidential or if anyone indeed had pandering to Nazis through a Nazi symbol in mind here, I just deem it highly unlikely. While you see it as a virtual certainty.
I see it as a continuing issue with Trump and his new version of the GOP. The Republican party has been called the white peoples party for decades. My thoughts on this didn't start on Friday night but they sure did escalate the last 5 years.

He's a race baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot.
They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people. 
Good people on both sides.
Stand back and stand by.
plus
Vice President Joe Biden has said Trump has "fanned the flames" of white supremacy, and Sen. Kamala Harris of California said Trump "empowers white supremacists" and "condones their behavior."

For others, though, that doesn't go far enough. Count Beto O'Rourke, Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont, Mayor Pete Buttigieg of Indiana, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York and entrepreneur Andrew Yang among those who have said the president is, in fact, a "white supremacist."
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: CPAC stage design - Fascists gonna Fascist - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 03-01-2021, 11:40 AM