Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CPAC stage design - Fascists gonna Fascist
(03-02-2021, 04:40 AM)Dill Wrote: Well, people attracted to Nazism tend to be people who feel their personal and psychic boundaries are closely linked to social and political ones, like national borders and gendered bathrooms.  So they feel violations of those social and political boundaries as personal and deeply internal psychic disharmony.

I'm thinking maybe a more aesthetically balanced flag might help restore that inner harmony.

What is amusing in a scary way (to me at least) is that right wing violence has been a problem for a long time but for the last four years it was ignored by the POTUS and his administration made efforts to pretend it wasn't a problem at all.  And THAT allowed such "people" to feel emboldened.  They had their "Q" info and Trump downplaying anything they did (and i some case amplifying both messages) to the point that they came more out of the shadows and into the spotlight.

Once in the light we saw that they embraced nazi symbolism and white nationalism but somehow we are supposed to ignore that when it pops up in the imagery of leaders on the party that doesn't condemn them and in many cases encourages them with things like the big lie about the election.

The right has a problem and they don't seem to want it to go away.  They've embraced the Trumpian idea that chaos allows you to work behind the scenes while everyone is distracted.

Did CPAC pick that symbol intentionally?  Maybe...and maybe w/o knowledge of what it meant too.  But when you have a cult following of people looking for any "go ahead" from their leader it is easy to see how it did that whether it was intentional or not.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: CPAC stage design - Fascists gonna Fascist - GMDino - 03-02-2021, 12:19 PM