Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jeremy Hill far ahead of his production last year
(10-27-2015, 02:17 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Look back and note that I have referenced things or even posted links.

Why do you find it necessary to be a dick in every single post that has anything to do with me or my comments?

Giving Gio a crease wouldn't be as easy because he needs more space since he's smaller and easier to bring down.  You almost have to hit Hill square or get lucky when wrapping his legs that he doesn't overpower you.  It's not as hard to bring Gio down because he's smaller.

As far as the open field, Gio wouldn't be able to get to the open field as easy to be elusive because linebackers and linemen are in the middle of the field to tackle him.

Let me ask you this, genius, if Gio was the answer and able to carry the load between the tackles like we need him to do, why would we draft Hill in the second round a year after taking Gio?  
That question literally has nothing to do with what I was discussing. The team drafted Hill because they thought Gio's skill set does not make him a great in between tackles runner. They may be right, they may be wrong. Gio has been much better between the tackles this year and plenty of small RBs have been able to succeed.

What I was saying was that the attacking nature of run blocking wears a defense out, not specifically tackling Hill. Do you really feel that two tackles on Hill vs. Gio would just ruin a player and wear him out? Also, running the ball generally means you are on the field longer so the defense will be more tired. It does not matter who is running it if you are successful.

Giving Gio a crease may be easier because he is smaller, quicker, and can shoot through a small hole easier. I could also be wrong, but I'm sure you will think I am and continue to act like this idea of yours is a fact without anything to back it up. 

I apologize that I want to look at why running early wears a team out instead of just assuming that it is because Hill is slightly harder to tackle. I apologize that I don't want to rework the entire offense that has been killing it and risk the best season of our young QBs career just to maybe help Hill out. I apologize that continue to contradict yourself and get called out for it, go on tirades about other posters while having no evidence, and defend claims with zero proof. 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeremy Hill far ahead of his production last year - MrRager - 11-03-2015, 05:52 PM