Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gov. Pedro Pierluisi: ‘Puerto Rico will be the first truly Hispanic state’
(03-07-2021, 12:51 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Then I added how slave labor in WWII is bad when the Nazis did it but if worded differently it takes on a whole different meaning when we, the supposed good guys, did the same thing. Kind of like one man's Inheritance tax is another man's Death tax.

I admittedly know very little of this.  Perhaps I should read more, or you would be kind enough to take the time to educate me a little bit.

It's my understanding (which is limited) that the Soviets contributed by far the most forced labor after WWII.  I believe a lot of this occurred in what eventlually became East Germany.  I was under the impression this extended far beyond the scope of the other Allies, and included all citizens where they occupied.

I was under the impression that the US (and the UK) labor camps were mostly comprised of German POW's, and were termed reperations for war, or something to that affect.  For residents, the practice was ended after stablilzation (housing, rations, medical, etc.) I also that thought, again, the scale was dwarfed by that of the Soviets.

I'm honestly curious about this.  My initial reaction to your post here, that the Nazi labor camps and Allies labor camps (specifcally the "we" as in US) are essentially one and the same, just worded differently, is to put it very lightly, a bit of a stretch.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gov. Pedro Pierluisi: ‘Puerto Rico will be the first truly Hispanic state’ - Wes Mantooth - 03-07-2021, 01:36 PM