Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jeremy Hill far ahead of his production last year
(11-03-2015, 05:52 PM)MrRager Wrote: That question literally has nothing to do with what I was discussing. The team drafted Hill because they thought Gio's skill set does not make him a great in between tackles runner. They may be right, they may be wrong. Gio has been much better between the tackles this year and plenty of small RBs have been able to succeed.

What I was saying was that the attacking nature of run blocking wears a defense out, not specifically tackling Hill. Do you really feel that two tackles on Hill vs. Gio would just ruin a player and wear him out? Also, running the ball generally means you are on the field longer so the defense will be more tired. It does not matter who is running it if you are successful.

Giving Gio a crease may be easier because he is smaller, quicker, and can shoot through a small hole easier. I could also be wrong, but I'm sure you will think I am and continue to act like this idea of yours is a fact without anything to back it up. 

I apologize that I want to look at why running early wears a team out instead of just assuming that it is because Hill is slightly harder to tackle. I apologize that I don't want to rework the entire offense that has been killing it and risk the best season of our young QBs career just to maybe help Hill out. I apologize that continue to contradict yourself and get called out for it, go on tirades about other posters while having no evidence, and defend claims with zero proof. 
But an in between the tackles runner is what Hill is, and that's what we need, so what have you been arguing?  If they didn't think we needed that, why would they draft Hill in the 2nd round a year later.  You make absolutely no sense.

Slightly harder to tackle? You think being 4 inches taller and 30 pounds heavier only makes Hill slightly harder to tackle?  Also Hill's downhill style where he'll just lower his head and bulldoze a defender makes him harder to tackle.

Running the ball early wears a team out because they need to be in better position, and not to mention that, when a team is passing, the defense is rushing the passer, whereas they're trying to hold their ground when we're running the ball, while also trying to disengage blocks, all with 300+ pound men who are putting everything they have into moving them, instead of retreating to block.
(11-03-2015, 08:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Defenses have already proven they can stop Hill when Dalton is under center.  He is only averaging 3.27 yards on 62 carries.

Except no they haven't, not when we let him get into a rhythm.  Last year, with Dalton under center, he averaged 5.4 YPC.  That's when we handed him the ball and let him do his thing.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeremy Hill far ahead of his production last year - BFritz21 - 11-03-2015, 10:48 PM