Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where We Are and Best Case Scenario
(03-09-2021, 02:07 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I didn't say it was bad. I said it was in their favor, and that was just to get ahead of people saying it was unrealistic. Rarely is a trade going to work out perfectly fair in the eyes of all. Dropping in the first round and staying in the teens and adding an extra 2nd and 3rd is a best case scenario. As I said we have a ton of work to do on this roster, two extra day two picks would help out a lot.

Eichenberg in the first is not a reach. He hasn't given up a sack in over two years and has gotten better every year. And the best offensive linemen on the team usually ends up at LT in college. Just so happens Notre Dame has been pumping out good NFL OL. Eichenberg is going to add to that list.

Ossai is a tweener because he can do both not because he doesn't have a spot. We want to have a multiple look defense. FYI having a guy who can do more than one thing helps us do that.

Watching Dickerson's injury it sure looked like a freak thing. Guys get hurt in football all the time. He is a stud when he is on the field. This goes back the good old Munoz argument. If it was a skill position player with multiple lower body injuries it would scare me away. But OL it doesn't seem to impact as much long term. Seeing the quote from an anonymous NFL exec on his draft profile on NFL.com made me smile, and want him even more. "I love him. I know some people around the league think he's still under the radar, but I doubt that. He reminds me of Mountain from 'Game of Thrones'. Just big and strong and tough." -- Executive for NFL team I'll gladly plug the Mountain into the middle of our line.

#5 is worth 1700 per the trade value chart.  The picks you got are worth 1485.  The difference is basically us being shorted a 3rd rounder.  Trades rarely work out even, but there's a big difference between being shorted the equivalent of a 6th and being shorted a 3rd.

Eichenberg is ranked 42nd on average.  If you took him at 37, I don't think anyone would blink.  That's a huge reach in the first.  Not to mention, you're asking him to switch sides and positions.

It's hard enough for a rookie to come and do well just learning one position, let alone basically learning two to do multiple looks with him.  And we need an Edge and the kid only has one year of experience at the position.  

Dude has torn 2 ACL's and has also had a season ending ankle injury.  He's 6'6" and anything that winds up affecting his knee bend will have a big impact on leverage.  Plus, trench guys usually don't get back to full strength until the season after they're cleared.  C already has a steep learning curve and he will be behind It after year one and playing catch up.  And that's if he stays healthy.  Haven't we learned our lesson by burning premium picks on injured guys that are never able to catch up?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where We Are and Best Case Scenario - Whatever - 03-09-2021, 12:20 PM