Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where We Are and Best Case Scenario
(03-09-2021, 01:04 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Find me another team in that range who needs a QB and has the ammo in early draft picks to get it done.

You are acting like these preseason rankings are set in stone. They are never spot on. The guy is almost unanimously viewed as a 1st or early 2nd. Him going in the first would shock no one. 

He is coming in playing behind Lawson and Hubbard. And yes he is young and played like a demon during that one year. So he will only get better with experience.

Yep he is a gamble. Just like everyone else in the draft. I have no problem taking a gamble on the mammoth Rimington Award winner first team All American who was the best interior offensive linemen in college football last year. If he shakes the injury bug we hit on a top tier C or G. 

Why are we trying to trade down into that exact range?  SF's 1st, 2nd, and 5th is a near even trade.  We would still get shorted on NE's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, but not as badly as the deal you took. 

Who is predicting that Eichenberg will be drafted at 19 to play G? It would not be a big surprise if he snuck into the bottom of 1 as a T, as teams will reach for T's.  They aren't reaching 23 spots at 19 for a G.  Plus, if you looked at his rating as a G, it would be significantly lower than 42.

Ossai had 5.5 sacks and we need pass rush.  There are going to be better edges available in that spot. 

How many guys have we drafted that were constantly injured in college that have been able to stay healthy as pro's?  If it was just the ACL this year, then maybe.  The guy is always hurt, though.  And I'm not as high on Hopkins as most, but he's at least serviceable, so it's not like this is a huge need pick, either.  Day 3, sure, roll the dice on a guy like this.  But a 2nd round pick?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where We Are and Best Case Scenario - Whatever - 03-09-2021, 03:16 PM