Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where We Are and Best Case Scenario
(03-09-2021, 03:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: Why are we trying to trade down into that exact range?  SF's 1st, 2nd, and 5th is a near even trade.  We would still get shorted on NE's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, but not as badly as the deal you took. 

Who is predicting that Eichenberg will be drafted at 19 to play G? It would not be a big surprise if he snuck into the bottom of 1 as a T, as teams will reach for T's.  They aren't reaching 23 spots at 19 for a G.  Plus, if you looked at his rating as a G, it would be significantly lower than 42.

Ossai had 5.5 sacks and we need pass rush.  There are going to be better edges available in that spot. 

How many guys have we drafted that were constantly injured in college that have been able to stay healthy as pro's?  If it was just the ACL this year, then maybe.  The guy is always hurt, though.  And I'm not as high on Hopkins as most, but he's at least serviceable, so it's not like this is a huge need pick, either.  Day 3, sure, roll the dice on a guy like this.  But a 2nd round pick?

Another reason I chose Wash is because they would still have one pick left on day two after the trade. Allowing them to try and build around their new QB. I could have just said trade back and get a 2nd and 3rd. But I gave a specific example of how it could happen. If you don't like it. Oh well.

1st team All Pro G 2020 Brandon Scherff. College LT drafted in the 1st.
2nd team All Pro G 2020 Joel Bitonio. College LT drafted 34th overall.

First year at the position and Ossai had 5.5 sacks 15.5 tackles for a loss and 33 pressures in 9 games... His ceiling is really high.

OL is a need. Here is the best OL from the best team in college football. And you don't see a fit. I think we could use him. I guess we can agree to disagree on that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where We Are and Best Case Scenario - NATI BENGALS - 03-10-2021, 02:45 AM