Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Will We See Any Cuts Before FA Opens?
(03-11-2021, 01:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Right.
For instance, I can see them holding onto Hart until a new OT is officially signed.

I understand this thinking for players that are up in the air (We may replace them, we may not), but what about guys we know we're going to move on from?  Why wait?

Take Bernard for example.  If the FO has already established that they cannot afford to pay their backup running back 5 million dollars, do we really need to wait until we sign another RB at 1-2 million?

Take Geno.  He saves 9 million dollars.  I would think they've established whether or not he's worth it.  Do we really need to wait to know we can find a DT somewhere in FA?

Fwiw, I'm not saying these guys are guaranteed to be cut.  But I'm just saying if the team has already established that certain players are not in our future plans then they should move on now.  Why hurt the players chances of signing the best deal he can in FA?

And if the team hasn't established that ANY players aren't in our future plans, that to me is very concerning.  I don't think you need a replacement inked up to know it's safe to move on from some of these names.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will We See Any Cuts Before FA Opens? - Wes Mantooth - 03-11-2021, 01:33 PM