Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Will We See Any Cuts Before FA Opens?
(03-11-2021, 02:55 PM)Whatever Wrote: Why would you cut guys before you have to?

Hart is a big one that there's speculation that gets cut.  If we cut him before FA starts and don't sign a starting caliber RT, then every team knows we're going T in 1 or 2 in the draft and can jump you if they need one.

Why would you cut guys before you have to?  Because you know, no matter what, they're not going to he here for the 2021 season.

If you establish a guy isn't worth anywhere near the money he's being paid then why not move on now?  It's not like FA is some mystery.  We can see a plethora of specifi options that are going to be available, and we know more that will come via cuts.  Isn't that enough to know that the player can be replaced?

All sorts of cuts are being made right now that don't have to, by teams not in cap hell yet.  So why do they do it?  My guess is they know the player is going to be replaced one way or another by someone better, someone cheaper, or both. 

My fear is we aren't committing to moving on from anyone, and will be pefectly content bringing all but one or two back.  (I sure hope I'm wrong)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will We See Any Cuts Before FA Opens? - Wes Mantooth - 03-11-2021, 03:12 PM