Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Bengals In The Top 20 Receivers Of 21st Century!
(03-11-2021, 03:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Chad's better than Reggie Wayne.

Already the list is dogging a Bengal

oh, and I respect Derrick Mason, but he is in NO WAY better than AJ Green

Also, TY Hilton and Donald Driver over Anquan Boldin? This list is horrid

(03-11-2021, 03:25 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I cannot believe they have Reggie Wayne ahead of Marvin Harrison.

Harrison played in 21 less games and has 46 more TD's than Wayne.  And if you think it's a yardage thing, it's not.  Harrison has (slightly) more yards too (14,580 for Harrison vs. 14,345 for Wayne)

The only explanation I can come up with is that Harrison's spent his few first few years in the league in the 90's.  But that's a tough sell because so did Randy Moss and TO, who are both ranked accordingly.

People put too much weight on bulk career stats. At their peaks, you are taking Harrison over Wayne. You are also taking peak Chad over Wayne and Hines Ward. Ward usually wasn't even the lead dog on his own team. That honor usually went to the likes of Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace, etc. Meanwhile Chad was leading the conference 4 straight years.

I also agree with Frank Booth on Anquan Boldin. In his prime he was right there with Larry Fitz...and definitely better than guys like Hilton and Driver.

Edit: I just realized this isn't the NFL films list (which had Hines ahead of Chad), and I can't click the link, so I don't know if this publication did the same. Either way, Chad is constantly disrespected, and these lists are all filled with stupid takes.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two Bengals In The Top 20 Receivers Of 21st Century! - Shake n Blake - 03-11-2021, 04:42 PM