Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeitler Released! Bengals Interested!
(03-11-2021, 02:43 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: As expected, the Giants released Zeitler, and SI is reporting that we're interested in a reunion!

If we could get him for two-to-three years, it would be incredible because it would offer us stability.  The dude's 31, so you have to believe that he wants some stability this late in his career, so I'd say give him two or three years.  I know money talks, but we can offer him a decent contract and he'd have to be excited about what we're doing here.  Even if he's just a stop-gap for two or three years, I can't think of a much better, much more realistic option.  Even if we sign Thuney, we could put Thuney at center and Zeitler at guard.  

Think of how much that would open up our draft!

If we'e realistic about being active in free agency, this would be huge.

Is it as good of an idea as I'm thinking?

Any chance it happens?

It sounds great! However I think the FO will try to shore up tackle in free agency. They have never prioritized G, hence why Z is the one that got away. I will say this: If they shore up tackle in FA on the short term, this is the year to do it! jThis draft is packed with talented OL who are VERSATILE! Meaning guys like Eichenberg, Alaric Jackson, Jackson Carman, Vera Tucker, all are promising Tackles coming out who have tons of reps at Guard. Good reps too. So im saying shore up tackle in FA on the short term, draft one of these dudes in the 2-4 round range and stick them at Guard to learn from a guy like lets say Daryl Williams. Then slide them to the perimeter once ready and used to the speed of the game. Put the best 5 guys in front of 9 and LFG!!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zeitler Released! Bengals Interested! - Blazer7051 - 03-11-2021, 06:49 PM