Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gov. Pedro Pierluisi: ‘Puerto Rico will be the first truly Hispanic state’
(03-11-2021, 08:28 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, that would be because I'm not arguing against the absorption position, I am saying that the whole "outsized power" argument is flawed.

Well, I disagree, but we've already made our positions on this known.

Quote:Also, don't act like this is a Democrat thing. There are so many attempts at disenfranchising voters going on right now in Republican states all over this country that it is sickening. Georgia Republicans are scrambling to undo laws that they put in place because they no longer help them. My positions on this are consistent: I want to improve representation and improve our democracy. More power in the hands of the people. At least I'm not trying to suppress votes to get my side to win, stripping people of their rights.

I've already stated that everyone who can vote and wants to should be able to (although I'd prefer a free ID being needed to do so).  I don't like attempts at disenfranchisement and I don't think you'll find a post in which I stated otherwise.  If I haven't posted in a thread about this subject it's likely due to my seeing my positions covered by the arguments of someone else's already made post.

Quote:And I know you're not a full on Republican, it just rubs me the wrong way how you are completely ignoring what is going on right now in this country.

Not ignoring it, as described above, but I can understand your perception.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gov. Pedro Pierluisi: ‘Puerto Rico will be the first truly Hispanic state’ - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-11-2021, 08:39 PM