Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gov. Pedro Pierluisi: ‘Puerto Rico will be the first truly Hispanic state’
(03-11-2021, 08:18 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I know you didn't make it, but that's a horrible argument.  Maryland would gain a large number of people, that vote Dem ~90% of the time.  They'd add two HoR seats as well.

Yeah well, they'd also have to share power in the senate. With new state members/citizens whose interests don't necessarily align with theirs, eg. in primaries, where now the more urban candidte might win and do stuff some Marylanders don't like, and so on. And I did not comment on the argument's value. But I always figured that if you are an US state, no one, and also not the US federal government, can just come along and take away a piece from it you like or add a piece to it you for whatever reason don't like.

(03-11-2021, 08:18 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: From a US citizen's perspective, my meddle with my Senate?

Good thing you're not a Puerto Rican US citizen to make this point.
I rather referred to meddling with states and their borders though.

(03-11-2021, 08:18 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm down with that if we also break off Jefferson from Northern California.

Well, then put in a binding referendum about PR statehood and for me, it's a deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gov. Pedro Pierluisi: ‘Puerto Rico will be the first truly Hispanic state’ - hollodero - 03-11-2021, 09:35 PM