Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Didn't We Give Hill The Ball At The 5??
(11-04-2015, 01:57 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's because the defense is expecting pass when Gio is in the game, and also because Gio has a different running style where he works better with room to run.

On Gio's run to get us to the 5, both safeties were also playing 15 yards off the ball so no one was there to come up in run support and it was just an all-around bad play by Pitt's D because they all just got fanned out, the backside backer didn't stay home, Gio cut-back, and ran through untouched.  1. I could have rolled through that hole.  If teams are going to play us like that, then, by all means, run Gio, but it's normally not going to be like that.

I'd also like to see how many of those runs were down inside the 5 or 10 (up the middle).

2. Hill can lower his shoulder and plow for extra yards better than Gio and can also break tackles with force better.

1. You should try out for the Bengals in that case if your ability to cut back and running vision is equal to that.Ninja

2. As evidenced by his massive 3.3 YPC this season compared to Gio's weak 5.6 YPC? At some point you need to put last season behind you and realize that right now this year, one of the RBs is simply playing better than the other in every facet of the game and that RB's name is Giovani Bernard.

I think we need to set aside expectations and what we hoped would happen (I made Hill my keeper I was so confident in him) and just accept current reality.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Didn't We Give Hill The Ball At The 5?? - TheLeonardLeap - 11-04-2015, 02:14 AM