Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gov. Pedro Pierluisi: ‘Puerto Rico will be the first truly Hispanic state’
(03-11-2021, 08:06 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's interesting that, recently, when Democrats don't get what they want they seek to change the rules.  Don't like two POTUS elections, let's get rid of the Electoral College!  Don't like the SCOTUS make up, let's add more justices that we can appoint!  Don't like the Senate working as designed, let's add more states from heavily blue areas!  It's not a good look.

It's so blatantly obvious that I doubt many people are blind to it. 

I am still defending the electoral college.

But to be fair, Dems "don't like the SCOTUS make up" because the leader of a superminority, controlling the Senate, used that power to block one president's rightful appointment (arguing we needed to wait a year for an election), and then forgot that rule to rush through a third appointment for the superminority's president a month before an election. 

So now we have an imbalanced court, favoring the superminority, likely for a decade.

And actually, I think the Dems would love a return to the Senate "working as designed."

The filibuster developed to protect the slave owning, and then the segregation supporting, minority.
It is the ability of the superminority to hold the entire country hostage via the filibuster
that has made "outsize" representation such an urgent issue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gov. Pedro Pierluisi: ‘Puerto Rico will be the first truly Hispanic state’ - Dill - 03-12-2021, 03:45 PM