Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Voter Restriction/Access Thread
(03-12-2021, 09:48 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I appreciate brownshoe’s comments. In that same vein, making ‘mail in’ voting more secure seems like the next logical step. But I don’t think that’s on the table.

This topic reminds me of a moment I had with my father 30+ yrs ago, where he essentially explained to me that we, as what I assumed was a “middle class” family were not far removed from what I had somehow associated with the “poor”. He’s was a deeply malprogramed republican at this point, so it’s even more poignant upon reflection. Bottom line, the vast majority of the population is on the same side, the ‘have nots’. I can’t imagine anyone here is really in a position to significantly benefit from the voter oppression of others.

I think everyone should be mailed a ballot and then they have the option to return it in person or by mail.

As to the second part, my favorite comedians touched on this during their podcast this week. One of them was discussing how some of his conservative friends refuse to believe that they have more in common with a homeless person than they do with Trump. The idea that Trump, and by extension the GOP, give two shits about the middle and working classes is the most laughable thing.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
A Voter Restriction/Access Thread - Dill - 03-11-2021, 10:48 AM
RE: A Voter Restriction/Access Thread - Belsnickel - 03-12-2021, 10:39 PM