Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The GOP Response to Biden’s Rescue Act Is a Massive Gift to Wealthy Heirs
(03-13-2021, 01:51 AM)Benton Wrote: Kind of off topic, but the issue of the 'estate planning industry' drives me crazy.

My parents have some cash. They worked for it, they invested wisely, they earned it. And like most decent folks, they want to pass it on. For several years they've tried to talk me into transferring my accounts to their guy because he's convinced them if I don't, estate taxes will eat up it all up. I've tried explaining to them that while they've got a decent nest egg, it's not so large the rest of the family has to take out accounts with this sack of crap to avoid taxes.

Some planning is very beneficial.  A will at minimum.

In my case I am fortunate that my sister works for an attorney...and she and get along.   So when the time comes we are already completely prepared.  On my wife's side my nutty MIL and one set of in-laws is way over complicating things because she wants to treat "everyone fairly" and they want "what is coming to them".  And trust me that is not much at all.  Its a bigger problem because she wants my daughter and son in law to buy her house and most of us said great we don't want anything from the proceeds but my MIL doesn't care.  She care thinks we all care about money as much as she does.  Its sad and infuriating at the same time.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The GOP Response to Biden’s Rescue Act Is a Massive Gift to Wealthy Heirs - GMDino - 03-13-2021, 10:17 AM