Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Spring Training thread
Reds huge weakness 1st half of Spring Training is Shortstop. Awful batting averages. Farmer hitting .222 and he isn't really a shortstop but a bench guy who plays many positions. Look, if I'm not getting hitting, I'm going Sparky and playing the good young defense like Davey in 1970, and that is Garcia. So far in Spring, none of the Reds shortstops can hit. GO WITH THE BEST YOUNG DEFENSE as Sparky did.

Moose and Castellanos have awful batting averages so far. Reds have had too many awful batting averages last couple years. Not a good thing to have line-ups where everybody hitting under .250 as Reds have last couple years. It's early, but there are guys hitting better than Moose and Castellanos. If some players come on strong as Sabo did one Spring, play them and try to get Reds batting averages up in 2021. Too many outs in Reds line-ups. I don't think much of home run hitters batting under .250

Again, so far no Reds shortstops are hitting, so go with Garcia who at least plays great defense, which you want at short anyway, and bat him last. If they put Moose at 2nd and Farmer at short, that isn't very good Defense Up The Middle.

Stephenson is hitting better than Barnhart, and it's just time to get the 24 year old who was a Reds 1st Round pick in there as the regular starter. Not Barnhart or Farmer, but Stephenson who should become an All-Star Catcher.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds Spring Training thread - Goalpost - 03-03-2021, 07:25 AM
RE: Reds Spring Training thread - kevin - 03-14-2021, 01:36 AM
RE: Reds Spring Training thread - Goalpost - 03-16-2021, 07:33 AM