Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Hart has a higher PFF grade than most of the free agent guards
(03-14-2021, 11:44 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I lost a lot of faith in PFF grades on OLmen this past season. When Hopkins went down, Price came in and played a great game starting at C and they gave him a really low score. I rewatched that game a couple times, and there was just no way. There were other instances that I cant recall details of that made PFF look a bit ridiculous on their OLmen scores. The grades on Spain compared to Jordan as well. Spain was a massive upgrade, but according to PFF Jordan was almost just as good. Rolling my eyes lol...

Just wanted to touch on this, specifically, real quick.

I went back and watched the Cleveland game and the Tennessee game. In the Cleveland game they graded him very well; 82.4 pblock and 70.7 rblock. It was the 2 penalties that killed his overall grade in that game. In the Tennessee game, once again, he graded well in rblock @ 72.6 but his pblock was only a 18.9. I just watched the first half of this game and saw 4 things that stood out. False start penalty on the double snap. Errant snap that Burrow had to chase down. Completely missed a blitzer up the middle and got destroyed on one other 1v1 matchup with a defender. 

One thing i didn't point out in my last post was that pblock, rblock and overall grades are three completely different things. They don't average 1 and 2 to get 3, so i can see where people would be dismissive of the overall grade because it seems more subjective. They do have a formula how how all are done but no one outside them knows exactly what it is.

People have to understand, if you simply just "do your job" you get a 0 on the play--that's "average". So just blocking your guy most of the time isn't a "good game" in the same way it might be by just watching it as a fan. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bobby Hart has a higher PFF grade than most of the free agent guards - rfaulk34 - 03-14-2021, 03:37 PM