Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former players get thrown under the bus here for talking out against the franchise
I Agree. People that actually took the field and took the hits have payed their dues and earned the right to comment on The Bengals. One early Bengal Pro Bowler who caught grief from the fans was Bob Trumpy for his comments about Bengals on local radio and National TV. Mostly how tight with a buck Mike Brown is. Collinsworth followed with comments on local radio and National TV. Boomer Esiason lets his opinions of Bengals be known on National TV. Chad Johnson voiced opinions of Bengals on National TV. Carson Palmer has made his opinions of Bengals known from time to time. Bengals announcer ex players Anthony Munoz, Dave Lapham point out things they don't like if team quits during a game. I'm not talking short career head cases here. I'm talking player who played a long time for Bengals and were Pro Bowl players. They root for the Bengals, and are Bengals Legends, but they will point out problems with their team also.

Some fans want everything sugar coated, but I respect a lot of the inside opinions Trumpy, Collinsworth, Esiason, Johnson, Palmer. Munoz, Lapham and others have to offer. Not the head cases always suspended. When Trumpy, Collinsworth, Boomer, Palmer, Munoz, Lapham talk Bengals, I listen, because they can see who is going all out and who is isn't. As a Bengal Fan since 1968, I respect the input of Bengals who have earned fans respect, and they do root for the Bengals, but they still take losing hard and will point out why Bengals are losing, which fans may not want to hear without the sugar coating.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Former players get thrown under the bus here for talking out against the franchise - kevin - 03-14-2021, 05:00 PM