Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Hart has a higher PFF grade than most of the free agent guards
(03-15-2021, 04:42 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: That sounds like a good way to grade OL in the 80s. Preventing a DL from disrupting the QB is the foundation of modern offenses. If a guy can blow DL off of the LOS, that's helpful, but a lot of those types of guys play like Alex Redmond. How many top teams are run first nowadays? Most of those teams use Kubiak style zone concepts and aren't all about blowing dudes off of the LOS. The Ravens seem like a team that does a bit of both, but they have a great defense. I'm inclined to agree with Sunset.

I think part of the reason they don't average out run block and pass block grades is because, let's say, a guy blocks his man all day and doesn't allow him to get to the QB. Nothing special, just blocks him and keeps him from any real pressure. If you were to look at the grade, it might not look all that great but the guy did a really good job keeping his QB clean all day so i think that's why the "overall" grade will reflect something like that. It's not just a simple average, as i said, it allows them to bump the grade up a bit if a guy is "just" consistently good and deserves to be seen as something more than just average. 

At least, that's the only thing that makes sense to me. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bobby Hart has a higher PFF grade than most of the free agent guards - rfaulk34 - 03-15-2021, 11:24 AM