Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The long Western legacy of violence against Asian Americans
(03-15-2021, 04:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: I was right.  

How sad.

So I won't respond to this inane attempt to downplay the violence based on something that was never said or implied by me or the author but rather is more victimhood.

Not an attempt to downplay anything.  Keep your ham fisted attempts to paint others in a negative light to yourself please. 

Quote:I will say that the article speaks for itself, as does several others out there, about the rise in violence against Asians and that should be the focus.

Quite correct, and I have a friend who was a direct victim of this.  The point being, which eluded you because you chose to view it in a negative light, is that you can't solve a problem without first acknowledging what the problem is.  Treating this a problem of "the west" does not address the actual causes and, as written, makes it appear that the problem is solely the responsibility of one ethnicity.  We need to confront racism wherever it exists, not just when it's comfortable to do so because the perpetrator was white.  A failure to do so will merely allow the problem to continue as the reasons behind it go both untreated and unacknowledged.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The long Western legacy of violence against Asian Americans - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-15-2021, 04:59 PM