Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The long Western legacy of violence against Asian Americans
(03-15-2021, 08:53 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: It reminds me when France won the World Cup final in 2018 and people said most of their players were coming from Africa while in fact, most of the people of african countries' team were coming from France.

It's just facts.

That's like people who complain about the local college team letting all the good players "from here" play elsewhere while that school is filled with "good players" from everywhere else.  Smirk

Also reminds of a god friend of mine.  Knew her all through high school, did a lot of church activities together.  

Anyway she grew up to be a rabid conservative.  Very anti-immigration.  She shared a story on FB once about a girl who, according to the story, was raped by two, according to the, illegal immigrants.  I asked why them being allegedly illegal was important compared to the rape.  She said if it was my daughter I'd care when the rapists came from.  I disagreed but she defriended me, blocked me and I'm sure she was just stunned to learn the next day that a) the girl wasn't raped b) the two boys were not involved and c) they were not citizens, but not illegal immigrants.

It was just her looking to direct her own views on immigration into a horrible story of a rape...that turned out to not even be that.

I don't care what the race is of the people doing the violence.  I'm not sure why "western" triggered anyone unless they already had an agenda in mind.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The long Western legacy of violence against Asian Americans - GMDino - 03-15-2021, 10:03 PM