Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The long Western legacy of violence against Asian Americans
(03-15-2021, 09:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: Are we going to pretend that where the attackers come from matters less than the fact that the attacks happen?

Nope, but we also aren't going to pretend that this problem won't be resolved if it's not actually addressed.

Quote:I read the entire article and never thought "here go white people again being all racist and crap".  Instead a read about increasing violence toward Asians and thought "this is horrible and we should be speak out against it more".

Here's the thing.  Not only do I deal with this issue professionally, but a close friend was affected by it as well.  I actually have skin in the game here.  Beyond the fact that I don't want anyone attacked, hurt or belittled because of their ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc. I want to actually address the problem, not veil it in code words and obfuscation.  You'll eat it up because you're desperate to be seen as on the side of what's "right".  The problem is you're so desperate in this regard you don't take even a second to analyze whether what's being advanced is even accurate.  

Quote:But, to be fair, its not the first time this board has seen people jump to the defense of white people whether they were attacked or not.

Says the person who routinely posted "Won't someone think of the white people" memes.  Please don't project your pathetic white guilt on the rest of us.  Most of us find racism in every form abhorrent.  The apparent fact that you can accept racism towards white people like a hair shirt worn by a flagellant does not mean the rest of us are so crippled by self loathing that we can't see the truth.  You want to be an advocate against racism and bigotry, then denounce all of it, not just what you're told to denounce by your far left ilk.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The long Western legacy of violence against Asian Americans - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-15-2021, 10:08 PM