Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Coughlin as Cincinnati Bengals HC?
(07-17-2015, 03:15 PM)J24 Wrote: i don't think Marvin would have gotten anything out of those teams hell I don't think Bill Belicheck could have done much with those rosters. With that being said Marvin strength isn't necessarily what he does X and O's wise but what he does with getting  talent. I think one of the biggest reasons for our success  under Marvin is that Mike Brown hasn't had 100% control of the roster and Marvin has had more say than any other coach during the Mike Brown era. Threw 03-09 I think Mike had a 60-40 ratio of control.  Since 2011 I think Marvin has had a 100% control over the roster and that's why we have had so much success over the past 4 years.

I suppose the issue with this is that giving Marvin credit requires admitting our owner is intent on making things far more difficult than they need to be.  You think the Ravens would have 2 Super Bowls if Ozzie Newsome had to be the head coach in addition to personnel duties?  Can't just pay a guy to be a GM, that's what other teams do. Put on a headset...I ain't paying you to sit in an office...thems family jobs! Meh.  Oh well!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tom Coughlin as Cincinnati Bengals HC? - Nately120 - 07-17-2015, 03:23 PM