Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Mod Denny vs. Lance McAlister (Denny is a Joke)
So just for those who aren't familiar with Lance McAlister, let me me set the stage a bit, so to speak. I'll try my very best to paint in this picture for you.

Lance McAlister is a local talk radio guy here in Cincinnati. He does Sports Talk on 700, he does the afternoon show on 1530 during the Reds season, I'm pretty sure he does Bengals Roundtable or one of those live shows, along with a slew of other things (Note: His blog for local coverage is an absolute must read for Cincy sports guys like me. While I don't always agree with him, or love all of his segments, there is no doubt the man has a great blog. I highly recommend it.)

So for those who are familiar with him they probably already know what I'm about to say to describe him. For those that don't... He is probably the nicest guy you'll ever hear on talk radio. IMO, to a fault even. For cynical, grizzled and tired "haters"like me, all of his pleasantness can be almost nauseating at times. I occasionally need some over-reaction from sports talk, some fire, some hate. (Some of you have read my posts) You rarely, if ever, get that from Lance.

The guy is so nice I was reading a tweet he replied to that dropped, what I thought, was a minor curse word with something "language please". Lance is such a good guy that he's not having this type of stuff on his page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9bt5APRf_w So, yeah, in summary, Lance is a nice dude.

Anyhoo, after the UC game on Saturday I thought I'd see what Lance had to say about the game. I hopped on his Twitter page and saw a tweet that something like "6th time ever I've ever had to block someone". My immediate thought was "who the hell managed to piss Lance McAlister off so much that he blocked them?" All of his interactions are always so friendly. His show, his blog, and his twitter are all so damn nice and pretty laid back.

Who the hell is such an asshole that they got this guy worked up?

I was curious so I scrolled a few tweets and got my answer. It was Denny2G or whatever he goes by. His page still has the Bengalsboard mod title on it.

Basically there were a serious of exchanges where Denny was ripping the Reds, ripping Lance, and just being a pretty big dick. To best describe the level of "hate" he was displaying, imagine my thoughts on the Bengals, then times that by at least 5. The whole thing seemed equal parts antagonistic and terribly ironic (if your familiar with Denny).

Let me tell you this, you can't be that positive about one team and that negative about another. You just can't. There are indeed personality traits and expectations that carry over from sport to sport. The levelheaded, happy go lucky fan doesn't turn into an Eagles type fan as the seasons change.

The guy is/was a total fraud. I'm sure most of us knew all along, I know I did. It was clear he was some dork who let something as lame as moderator powers get to his head. The really sad thing is, I bet he either didn't get paid at all or it was minimal. My guess is he got a few free tickets and got to shake a few hands. That's it, And for that he turned into a joke. A phoney. He developed what many, what we used to call "nerds", do, he developed hall monitor syndrome.

1.) I'm glad we now have a place where we can actually talk without it being somewhat agenda driven. And the interesting about that is that I think board relations are better by not being overtly positive. Allowing and listening to negativity has in turn created less negativity. Denny's behavior only make divides worse IMHO.

Thanks to the new team here.

2.) If you want to read the tweets go to Lance's page and scroll down to Feb. 12th. They're right before the UC game stuff. Sorry, I don't know how to grab a screenshot.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Former Mod Denny vs. Lance McAlister (Denny is a Joke) - Wes Mantooth - 02-15-2017, 03:03 AM