Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The fact that our o line was so bad and theres already questions
(02-20-2017, 05:14 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If it was up to me I wouldn't bring any of those offensive linemen back to Cincinnati.  Heck, I would give them all a restraining order to stay at least a hundred miles from Paul Brown Stadium.  I'd like to see them fight a restraining order because they would lose.  These blubber butts couldn't escape any kind of restraints. I'm sick and tired of seeing Big Whiff punked by 80 year old James Harrison.  Andrew Whitworth was a great player and under the right coaching he could have one more good season, maybe in New England.

It's time to blow up the offensive line currently on the roster and find the five biggest talents in the world either through free agency, through the draft, or preferably both.  Let Andrew Whitworth walk.  Keeping him in Cincinnati is merely prolonging the inevitable.  Let Kevin Zeitler walk too.  These moves should free up some big league dough to attract some big league talent.  Certainly there are five men playing football somewhere at the college or pro level who possess such massive talent not even Paul Alexander could screw them up.  That was what it was like in the days when the Bengals' line had stellar men like Levi Jones, Willie Anderson, Rich Braham, and Eric Steinbach on it:  Those guys were so good they could overcome the Piano Man's massive coaching deficiencies.

This isn't New England and Paul Alexander isn't Dante Scarnecchia. Up there the coaching turns out the talent.  Here in Cincinnati the talent must overcome bad coaching.

I usually like your posts FIK but not this one, unless you are being sarcastic.

Calling Whit big Whiff is an insult and he has always handled Harrison better than any other LT in the NFL.

There are no LT's that would come in and protect Dalton's blindside better than Whitworth. Until he shows some fall off i won't believe it.

I am all for blowing up the Center, RG and RT positions but we need to keep Whit and Boling.

Cut ties with PA and everything should be better and the new guy could actually coach up our young guys.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The fact that our o line was so bad and theres already questions - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-22-2017, 04:38 PM