Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continuing to Put Money into a Clunker
I will weigh in on the new car versus old car debate, but will do it from the standpoint of safety.

A year ago we had gone to Florida Mall and were coming home on the Turnpike when it started to rain so hard you could barely see in front of you. My wife was driving when the car next to us started to drift into our lane. She instinctively tapped the brakes to keep from getting hit. When she did, our Lexus started to fishtail and the traction control was not able to stabilize. We ended up doing three complete 360* turns across all three lanes of the Turnpike. The front of the car hit the concrete embankment, whipped around so the back hit, and then ended up with us sitting back on the Turnpike. All 10 airbags deployed. I closed my eyes and thought "stay calm, this is going to be bad". My wife had a burn on her forearm from the airbag and I had an old filling pop out from the airbag deploying (who knew that could happen). Other than that, we did not have a scratch (thankfully our daughter had no injury at all). The Highway Patrolman said that coming up on the scene he expected fatalities. He then said "that car did it's job, it kept you alive and safe".

Lexus gained a customer for life that day. The cars are expensive, but in my humble opinion, worth every cent.

As to Jones and Rey M. Cut them now, neither are worth anywhere near what they are scheduled to be paid (that is not even taking into account Pacman's off field problems).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Continuing to Put Money into a Clunker - OrlandoBengal - 03-05-2017, 07:12 PM