Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From the look of things we are rebuilding
(03-07-2017, 11:04 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Fred

we have lost 7 consecutive playoff games without firing our coach and we lose 2 games to the Steelers just about every year.

Until the playoff loss to the Steelers last year, I have defended this team just as much as you since 1967 but the refusal to fire Marvin after his unprecedented poor record in playoff games and against our main rival has done me in.

Would any other pro team keep a manager who has lost every playoff game he has coached????

Do you really think there is a snowball's chance that this team will win a playoff game this year much less has a shot at the Super Bowl?

Yes I do have hope.  For years I heard the haters GUARANTEE that we would never make it to the playoffs consistently under Marvin Lewis, and they were wrong.  Just like everyone here guaranteeing that we will never win a championship under Marvin.  It might not happen, but the people who think that their opinions are facts have been proven wrong in the past.

I lived in Denver for a while in the early 90's.  I heard a lot of Elway haters making the exact same guarantees all you Marvin haters make around here.  They claimed that the fact that he had never won a Super Bowl proved that proved that he would never win a Super Bowl.  and they were all just as smug about how impossible it would be for them to be wrong.

If we don't win the Super Bowl this season then i will be disappointed.  But I will always have hope.

And I will never stoop to fantasizing about failure before it even happens just to wallow in self pity.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: From the look of things we are rebuilding - fredtoast - 03-07-2017, 06:24 PM