Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why don't the Bengals cut players?
You see teams regularly cut players in order to get out from underneath an expensive contract to sign other players or keep their own.

I cant remember the last time the Bengals cut a player. In my opinion, its one of the great equalizers a team has in order to move on from expensive dead weight. Players get old, start to be less productive while still getting paid a lot from their contract. Cutting that players allows you to lessen the impact of this happening.

The Bengals have the same opportunity other teams have to cut players. Some guys that would make sense to cut this year in order to sign some of our other free agents (Zeitler, Dre, Whit) include:

Domata Peko
Pacman Jones
Rey Malaluga
Michael Johnson

In my opinion, the Bengals regularly hold on to guys past their primes. Look at Robert Gaethers for example. I had no idea he was even on the team for his last couple of years all while he was making a nice chunk of change.

I just don't get it. Why don't the Bengals ever cut people to free up money. It just makes too much sense. You are basically swapping out Dre Kirkpatrick (younger, better, less unstable) for Pacman.

What gives?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Why don't the Bengals cut players? - WeezyBengal - 03-07-2017, 11:26 AM