Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Can you imagine Mikey saying this?
John Elway's best moves as an executive have come in free agency. That's where he rounded out his 2015 championship defense, and that's where he can make amends after falling short of the playoffs.

The Broncos don't accept mediocrity. They won at least 12 games with a playoff bye in four straight seasons before going 9-7 in 2016. Elway's standards are so high that he fired coach John Fox after one of those 12-win years. This is not an organization designed for patience, making the next two weeks vital for the franchise.

Quarterback Tony Romo -- presuming he is eventually released by the Cowboys -- is the obvious big-name target, but the Broncos could be active in free agency at a number of positions. They have been mentioned as a suitor for defensive lineman Calais Campbell, the No. 2 overall free-agent-to-be on our Top 101 list. The offensive line is also a glaring weakness.

"I feel more comfortable if we can take care of some needs in free agency," Elway said at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis. "I think that we can supplement some needs that we have through free agency because I don't like going into the draft with big needs."

I came across this in an nfl.com article. Some interesting comments he makes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Can you imagine Mikey saying this? - BenZoo2 - 03-08-2017, 08:19 AM