Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much is a 2nd Round Pick worth?
(03-09-2017, 09:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Welp if the pundits think $16 mil and a top of the round 4th rd pick this year is worth a mid-late 2nd the following year then we disagree. Using present net value the 4th is worth as much as the second. If Texans would have given up this year's 2nd then the Browns actually got a 2nd for a 4th and 16 mil, but they didn't even get that. But what do I care; it's not my 16 mil

I don't know how to link tweets or I would, but this link has a really good breakdown of the plans the Browns have indicated for Osweiler. In a nut shell they are looking to eat half the 16mill cap hit, and trade him for an '18 3rd round pick.  Assuming they pull that off $8 mill, and a '17 4th for an '18 2nd and 3rd looks to be a pretty shrewd move.  

http://torotimes.com/2017/03/09/cleveland-browns-looking-to-trade-brock-osweiler-could-release-him/

As to their excitement.  Remember how excited Bengals fans were when we drafted Andy and AJ and made the play offs in short order? Neither fan bases have a play off win to show for it.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much is a 2nd Round Pick worth? - Burma - 03-09-2017, 09:32 PM