Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
If you're Andy Dalton...how pissed are you?
(03-15-2017, 04:43 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I keep seeing this talk about Andre playing guard.  He did not play guard in college, and has not done so in the NFL to my knowledge.  What makes everyone this this is the plan?

His deal is extremely team friendly.  $16 million for a starting quarterback, especially without a substantial amount guaranteed, is a very good deal for the Brown family.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Andre-offers-giant-flexibility-as-Bengals-go-on-guard/069c756e-922a-47e8-8909-a3849a7e9904

these are all quotes from the linked article:

The Bengals went back to the future Tuesday to solve the departure of right guard Kevin Zeitler when old friend Andre Smith reportedly agreed to a Paul Brown Stadium reunion. Indications are the Bengals are going to play him at right guard next to new right tackle Jake Fisher. "I have enough faith in myself that I can do anything I put my mind to," Smith says.

“I’ve never played the position. Everything is new,” Smith said. “But I feel like I’m a good enough player and I have enough faith in myself that I can do anything I put my mind to. Paul’s a really good coach and he’s going to coach me up well.

“I haven’t played there in ages. But I know I’ll put the effort and the work in and it’s going to pay off.”

The Smith signing also gives them mega flexibility. The Bengals are showing enormous faith in their young tackles, but since they don’t have a backup for Ogbuehi at left tackle, Fisher could be an option in case of injury.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you're Andy Dalton...how pissed are you? - lostpoet2 - 03-15-2017, 05:29 PM