Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allergic to Spending for Stars?
Yes, I know the Bengals desperately need stronger personnel in the trenches but I happened to notice running backs LeGarrette Blount and DeAngelo Williams are still unrestricted free agents as of St. Patrick's Day morning. Wouldn't it be great, just once, if the Front Office would just call one of their agents just to chit-chat? Are they upgrades from Jeremy Hill or not? To me, free agency and the draft aren't just about filling holes and mitigating gaps and such, but actually making bold moves which move the team closer to winning the Super Bowl.

Left tackle Ryan Clady is still unsigned by any team. Sebastian Vollmer can play either tackle position with equal facility yet there he is, sitting by the phone with all that sweet Patriot stank on him. Nick Mangold is pacing the floor wondering why the Bengals consider Russell Bodine a better center when Nick could upgrade the offensive line simply by walking into the Cincinnati locker room. Jahri Evans is a guard who Drew Brees calls the best pass protector he's ever seen but he's still unsigned. My sleeper picks for the Bengals would be former Seahawk tackle Breno Giacomini or former Lion Gosder Cherilus. There are upgrades to be had -- and for cheap at this point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Allergic to Spending for Stars? - Fan_in_Kettering - 03-17-2017, 07:49 AM