Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah
(07-22-2015, 11:17 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I usually agree with you on most things but I don't understand your logic on this one. You are predicting the Bengals TEs to be better than 20 yet when you rank them you put them between 22-30?

Let me give you a clear example of why this is absurd. When Lebon James was a rookie he was considered the Cavs best player by almost everyone even though he had never played in the NBA. Using your logic he would be ranked as one of the worst Cavs players because he hadn't ever played in the NBA.

Makes no sense my man. We all know Eifert is a good player regardless of how much he's played. Nobody in this forum is saying he is the best TE in the league but we certainly know he will produce better than 21-30. That is the point we are making.

Tyler Eifert is no can't miss prospect like LeBron James or Andrew Luck. There are VERY rare occasions that I don't see an issue putting a rookie/young guy higher in the rankings, but Tyler Eifert doesn't really count. Everybody in the universe had high hopes for LBJ, so if you can show me Eifert getting that type of universal love around the whole league, then I'll jump on board too.

I certainly know he will likely produce better than 21 - 30, but this is rankings as a group, and I don't think any of us are even NEAR certain (unless you go full-homer) that either of the rookies will produce and be able to block better than 20 backups in the NFL this season. I believe our new beat writer has even mentioned that Hewitt will likely be seeing most of the time at TE2 as of now because the rookies are so raw.

(07-22-2015, 11:18 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: How you rank TEs (catching skills vs blocking skills etc) is about personal preference and team scheme.

Some people don't give a flying hoot how well a TE can block if the can still run good routes, get open and catch the ball (Jimmy Graham)

Both kinds of TEs can provide value. Just different kinds.

If you're as good of a receiving TE as Jimmy Graham, you don't really need to be a superb blocker. He's sort of an extreme example.

I'm just wondering why some people are focusing solely on receiving production in their explanations for rankings, yet they aren't talking about blocking which is obviously a huge factor for a lot of TEs around the league. I don't care if a few team's backups haven't put up 500+ yards, if those guys have been the better blockers in the league, you better bet your ass I'm rating them higher than 2 guys that haven't even taken a snap yet.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah - J24 - 07-21-2015, 12:55 AM
RE: Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah - J24 - 07-21-2015, 03:00 AM
RE: Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah - CJD - 07-21-2015, 08:44 AM
RE: Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah - djs7685 - 07-22-2015, 11:26 AM