Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Word on the 50th Anniversary Plans?
(04-21-2017, 04:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: We are painting our commemorative logo on the field, If a laser light show is the missing piece then I guess that at least is something for you to complain about. How do you feel about the Dolphins picking the top 50 then promoting them at halftime? sure seems a lot like what the Bengals are doing.

The hall of fame thing once again means nothing. We have not been successful, the Dolphins have they have something to enshrine. People claim Mike doesn't care about winning, yet he doesn't want to recognize mediocrity with a ring of honor that honors just that. If he did a ring of honor people would say it's a publicity stunt honoring mediocrity to sell tickets.

In the end it's all minor preferences that people get bent out of shape over. What it really is, is an opportunity to take pop shots. No matter what they did they would claim it was wrong. In the end there are plenty of real reasons to be mad at Mike Brown this really just isn't one.

The biggest 2 things are not having a team HOF or wearing retro uni's. Not the laser light show, but I can see why you focused in on that.

This team has players and teams to celebrate. A pair of AFC champions in the 80's. Players like Munoz, Kenny, Boomer, Collinsworth, Riley, Ickey, Brooks, Dillon, Chad, TJ, etc etc. Just because the team was shite in the 90's doesn't mean there hasn't been "success" in the past. There was plenty of that in the pre-Mike days. 

You are twisting and contorting quite a bit to suggest that Mike doesn't have a team HOF because he "doesn't want to recognize mediocrity" when he's on record stating that people just "don't recognize these old players". You're twisting even more to suggest people would whine about it if he did build one. That's no different than people saying "haters" would complain if the Bengals won a championship. How about we actually get to that point and see what actually happens. Until then, you're just making up stuff to discredit my take.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Word on the 50th Anniversary Plans? - Shake n Blake - 04-21-2017, 04:39 PM