Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Word on the 50th Anniversary Plans?
(04-25-2017, 04:58 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I think based upon the comments made last year and the fact that many fans have clamored for a Hall of Fame, most were hoping for a permanent gesture. 

Perhaps not a Hall of Fame, but something that could be enjoyed for years to come, and would continue to celebrate our history. Could be as advanced as a free standing new construction building or a dedicated wing of the stadium. Could be as simple as some murals and displays.

This comes across to some as lacking in effort, and it continues to ignore a large number of fans wishes. If we were indeed like most teams then we would go to greater lengths to appease our fans. You can disagree with all you like, but it doesn't make it any less true.

This is another failed opportunity. Period.

For me, it's not even so much about wanting a team HOF as it is wanting to see Mike Brown change and embrace a team culture where they're proud of their past. It's also showing goodwill towards fans. I'm sure current players would take notice. It's still a big honor to be in a team HOF. Only good can come out of it, so I'm not sure why some are so adamantly against it. It seems some posters are bigger fans of the people in the front office than the team itself. I couldn't care less and want whatever is best for whatever guys are wearing stripes and representing Cincinnati.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Word on the 50th Anniversary Plans? - Shake n Blake - 04-26-2017, 02:05 AM