Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Comparing Front Office Sizes in the AFC North
(04-25-2017, 12:52 AM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I have a huge front office.

Sorry. I had to make the joke.

And sharpen your own pencils.. I don't know where that's going so I'll leave it alone..

Look, I still contend that football is nothing more than just another part of the entertainment industry. Their real goal, whether anyone wants to acknowledge that or not is to be profitable and from every standard of business they're very successful. 
The problem is nobody packs into stadiums to see companies be profitable. How many people do you suppose would tune in to television to watch the profit and loss sheets of a company? There's probably a few, but not many. 
Being a fan (fanatic) is a whole different ball of wax. The only thing fans care about are winning vs losing and we have zero control over any of it other than whether we decide to watch and follow or not. 
What I find the most ridiculous is how a team, any team can actually make a profit by only opening their doors 8 days per year and yet the NFL manages to turn such huge profits doing just that. 
Try to imagine Kroger for example remaining profitable if their stores were only open 8 days a year and only on Sundays and occasionally Monday and Thursday..and by the way,  you as a tax payer have to pay for the store to be there..  
Now Browns fans are an entity of their own. Not only are they profitable, they lose on a regular basis. Imagine Kroger being open only 8 days a year and only selling products nobody wants to buy and still turning a profit.. It boggles the mind.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comparing Front Office Sizes in the AFC North - grampahol - 04-27-2017, 12:47 PM