Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Bengals to use draft’s ninth pick in unBengal fashion"
(04-28-2017, 08:52 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This is, easily, my biggest cause for concern with the pick.

But then I think "Well, Antonio Brown and DeSean Jackson would have been top 10 picks if the draft were done over for their respective years, so it's not like small fast receivers are bad in the NFL in general."

And, to be fair to Ross, he is a vastly superior prospect to Ginn, Heyward Bey and Austin. He is noted for having reliable hands (Weakness for all 3), he is an exceptional route runner (weakness for all 3), he's bigger than Ginn and Austin, each of whom weighed in the 170s at draft time and he actually produced at an elite level in his final year of college, unlike Heyward Bey and Ginn, who never surpassed 1,000 yards or 9 touchdowns in any one year.

I'm worried, but optimistic.

and this is the bit I like...he clearly is not just a burner and is a lot more rounded.  

Also on these boards we consistently say Dalton is a good quarterback who can play great with the right weapons around him...well after losing Jones / Sanu we've certainly replenished now - excited to see how Zamp utilizes him

Right now the injuries / durability are my biggest concern.  

I think we if lose another rookie for a sizeable chunk of this season (and this is a repeating pattern) and then lets say OJ Howard or Barnett or Foster, whoever are busily being productive for their teams then we ain't going to look so smart.  I know this could happen with any team in the draft but I don't care about them...seen enough bench time for WJax, Ced, Dennard to not want that again for the Bengals
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Bengals to use draft’s ninth pick in unBengal fashion" - sonofstat - 04-28-2017, 10:43 AM