Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Bengals to use draft’s ninth pick in unBengal fashion"
(04-28-2017, 01:35 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I was REALLY pulling for OJH but I'm not upset with the pick. Wish we could have traded back a few slots, but I'm reading they tried and there were no takers. If he can stay healthy, I have no doubt Urban will turn him into a great receiver.

I'm thinking Zamp probably knows how to use 3-4 receiver sets more effectively than 2-3 TE sets. He did, afterall, get a lot of his knowledge from Bob Bratkowski, and we even saw last year we ran more 3-4 WR sets due to Eifert missing so much time coupled with the need to see what we had in Boyd.

I think Ross sees some time in the slot this year, and becomes the other outside guy when we run 4 WR (AJ, Ross, with Boyd and Lafell working the slots). Does anyone see him fielding punts and/or challenging Erickson for KR duties? 4.2 speed is FAST and you have to try n get that onto the field as much as possible!

he better had!!

I see some people saying he should not do returns due to injuries.   

Hell, if you draft a 4.2 WR at #9 who has TD returns on his CV , is not going to be your WR1 receiver and you DON'T try him on returns then we need our heads examined.  Fine he does not need to be on everyone but if he's a home run threat give him the touches!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Bengals to use draft’s ninth pick in unBengal fashion" - sonofstat - 04-28-2017, 02:16 PM