Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On Ross and Who Would You Have Taken?
(04-28-2017, 09:25 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I can't believe the draft fell the way that it did. Obviously the Ross pick wasn't a surprise since Lapham had selected him and he is usually spot on or really close. I think Ross has a chance to be a difference maker on the field but the injuries scare me a lot. If healthy this guy improves the offense tremendously. With that said I would taken Jonathan Allen or Malik Hooker. I thought both guys were top 5 talents and if we were truly going to stick to "Best Player Available" I don't see how it wasn't one of these guys. Being an Ohio State I wanted Hooker the most but didn't think that was as much of an option as Allen would have been for this team since we have Iloka and Williams on long term contracts. That is my assessment and thoughts on what I would have done. Don't hate the pick of Ross but he better stay healthy after using a top 10 pick on him.

I'd hate to think that the team didn't run a fine tooth comb through Ross's medical update. I agree totally though, wouldn't run any narrow slants with him for a bit, I'd run eifert up the seam and let him stretch the field. I can live with the Ross pick, just like I've been vying for Mixon, I think Cook will be gone in top of 2nd. If they feel that he is their guy, regardless if he is BPA or not I'll live with it.

I do feel like the bengals are still sitting pretty this draft, run on QB early and WR will help a bunch. 

If health was the concern I'm sure names like OJ Howard and Reddick were towards the top. If not I'm sure Allen and Foster were were being discussed. Hats off to John Lynch, was praying bengals would have made the move on Foster at end of first, great play IMO. 

I'm interested to see how McCarron's current trade value is looking. I feel there are at least 4 teams that need QB and chose not to do so. I know Cousins has a hefty price tag, as well I don't know where they envision Kizer on their board. I'm sure one of the teams at top of 2nd will take him. This will be an interesting night as well.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts On Ross and Who Would You Have Taken? - lbrown41017 - 04-28-2017, 09:50 AM