Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On Ross and Who Would You Have Taken?
(04-28-2017, 03:33 PM)3wt Wrote: I agree.  I think they had him rated high enough that they drafted for need over grade this year.  

Personally I would rather have taken Allen.   You don't run into his quality defensive linemen every day and I almost always go for addressing the trenches first.   The idea of him rotating with Geno keeping both fresh - and together on critical pass rushing downs makes me salivate in an ugly way.

Having said that I understand the pick.  The need was real.   We've been looking for a guy to take the pressure off Green, and his film looks really special.

I'm happy with the pick.  I'm hoping the next two days address a lot of needs with quality difference makers.

Just for the record, I think Green Bay ends up with Mixon and the Jets end up with Cook.   We'll have to settle with Kamara if we plan to take a RB in the 2nd.

Hope I'm wrong.  I want one of the first two guys or a stud LB,S,OL or DL.  But I believe the pick with be Kamara.

My concern with Allen, Ravens had a need and love Alabama players and passed on Allen. If he was such a great talent and filled a need why pass? I think the injury may have been even too much for Ozzie Newsome and that is saying something.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts On Ross and Who Would You Have Taken? - Au165 - 04-28-2017, 04:09 PM